Day 9 What Makes God Smile?

My heart warms when someone blesses me by saying “May God smile upon you.” I feel power in the words but I rarely give much thought to my own actions bringing a smile to God’s face. Once again, the dynamics of this parent/child relationship parallels our own. Raising good, productive members of society is a good parent life's work. We want to raise loving children who know what it is to give and receive love as if it is second nature. We want them to trust and obey the dreaded “Because I said so!” knowing that what we tell them is in their best interest, even though they cannot see the big picture. We want them to show appreciation, not only by saying thank you but in using their gift to its fullest potential. Children that possess these qualities in our society are what we consider good. It's what makes us and God smile.

Love ~ Trust ~ Obedience ~ Gratefulness

1 comment:

  1. Today I read a post from Joyce Meyer that said: "God knows the mess we’re in when He calls us. His light shines greater through “cracked pots” than it does through those who have it all together." For a long time, all I saw in myself was flaws. I still see a lot of flaws but now, I also see how God uses me; sometimes in spite of my flaws, and at other times, because of my flaws! I feel like if he can accept who I am and still love me anyway, I should, too! LOL! And allowing him to use me in his service, in all of my imperfections, somehow fulfills his plan. Wow. And to think this pleases God and causes him to smile? Even better.

    ReplyDelete