DAY 1: It All Starts with God

I was given this challenge by a friend. After reading the prelude, I was inspired for the journey. Many say that this best selling book will transform your life. Worse case scenario: I will become well versed in the Word and gain a closer walk with my creator.

Reading Day 1 left me looking for a deep underlying message. I got nothin’. In the end, the simplicity of the main point is what stayed with me. “It’s not about you.” Taking self out of the equation changes everything. I have to admit that the only thing that is holding me back from seeing God’s will for my life is me. I am afraid that His plan will deviate from what I have been diligently working toward my whole life. What if I have it all wrong? What if I have to give up the things that I love when I discover His plan for my life? I will no longer be able to claim ignorance and that part is a little scary. In the end it boils down to trust. Do I trust God and remove my own desires from the equation to put Him first? The question is moot. Our life’s purpose has never been in our control to begin with. Therefore, I must trust Him to fill that void. For me, it’s a built in sensor that tells me that there is more to my life. There is a purpose yet to be fulfilled.

NJ

1 comment:

  1. If nothing else, just the first chapter revealed a wealth of scripture. Even though I feel like I have a good handle on my purpose, kind of having blundered onto it, this statement gave me pause: "You don't get to choose your purpose." It made me wonder a little bit, am I truly fulfilling what I THINK may be his purpose? To discover your purpose, Rick Warren says, you must go to God. He is our Inventor, so he knows the purpose for which he intended us to be used. You wanna know why you're here? Go to the Source - go to His Word. "For in him we live and move and have our being..." (Acts 17:28)

    ReplyDelete