Day 3: What Drives Your Life?

Peace is my constant prayer. As a matter of fact, the Perfect Peace scripture used here is one that I often quote to myself and others and to keep Him in remembrance of the promise. It has been my source of comfort and encouragement in many situations. I even had Isaiah 26:3 printed on a jersey a few years ago. So, I'm thinkin' "must be for me!"

In meditating on this passage, I felt like I could underline so much that applies to my own situation. I won’t label myself as a wanderer or one who lacks focus. Outcome Engineer is what I prefer. I am my own task master, driven by my need to feel needed, to fix manage and control and I thrive in supportive roles. I cannot rest nor have “Peace” until I know that all my ducks are in a row.  I also like to think that I am driven by God’s will. I’m usually on auto-pilot as if I have a handle on what God wants of me. If I am truly honest with my self, I do what makes me happy or what I am comfortable with, under the guise of Christian service. Sometimes, I am inconvenienced but rarely am I willing to step out of my comfort zone. I am guilty of forcing my “square peg” good deeds or 3-T’s (Time, Talent & Tithe) into the “round hole” of God’s will. It sounds a little Cain-like to me.

The good news and what I love about God’s word is that He makes a point of using outcome engineers just like me. The Bible calls them murderers (Moses), adulterers (David), liars (Rahab) and cheaters (Jacob). God turns them into exemplary characters. They have the same issues and hang-ups that most of us have, yet God gives them focus and the desire to do His will, as well as, the gift of peace that is promised to those who trust in Him.

NJ

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I dont know the driving force behind why I do what I do - I'm not sure how to answer that question. It just is. But I do think about, and have for a while, what I am doing with the gifts he has given me. I do want to have an answer that is pleasing to him. I want to say "I have been a good steward over what you have given me." So then, is this my motivation for why I do what I do? Why I live the way I live?

    ReplyDelete